Friday, April 24, 2020

Faith Through Uncertainty


The villainous air that is filtering through this world today is truly a sad thing to witness; the antagonistic news media works to fill our homes with gloom and despair. No one person can agree on how to help this sinking nation; panic buying has depleted our store shelves and fear has stolen most common sense.

Fear is not the solution to a problem; the force that drives us to make decisions blindly only worsens the original issue. I don't have all the answers. I don't know what tomorrow holds; however, the nasty behavior of some honestly saddens my soul. It is important to be cautious in a time such as this, and to be uneasy is understandable; invisible warfare is real and it is a danger to society.

Exercising your faith through uncertainty can be difficult; in the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, I was freaking out because my mother has lupus and is immuno-compromised. The idea of life changing so rapidly, with no idea of when or if it would ever be the same made us both uneasy.
Having faith through uncertainty doesn't always change a situation, but it will serve as more of a help to your soul than your fear ever will.

If you are feeling a great deal of anxiety, take some time out of your day to pray through the overwhelming fog. I have seen so many on my friends list becoming depressed and anxiety ridden. Some are out of work because they have been labeled "non essential" and I can't imagine how your world must feel being flipped upside down. Do what is in your power to do & leave the rest to the Lord. Lean on Him & He will provide. Don't let your uneasiness go so far as for it to start filling your heart with hate. Don't let what's going on in the world become a part of your character. Stay true to yourself and be an encouragement to someone. An argumentative nature gets you nowhere in life. Try your best & that's all you can do; this crisis doesn't seem to have an end yet & I hope for everyone that this warfare that is among us finds its end soon.

In the meantime:

Pray for the world and be an encouragement; a light in a world full of darkness. Show the world and its veil of fear & misery your faith through uncertainty. 

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1 King James Version) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...