Friday, August 7, 2020

A Choice To Be Faithful


Life is all about choices. Each decision we make determines the course of our journey on this Earth. Free will is an interesting concept: we have the power to choose how we spend each minute of our existence. 

The Lord recently placed this on my heart to share; the dramatic change in lifestyle has been quite a challenging time for everyone; it certainly has highlighted the importance of making the choice to be faithful in our trust and reliance upon Christ.

One look at social media or five minutes spent watching the evening news will let you know that the world is submerged in chaos; the government cannot agree on anything, everyone is arguing online, and people are just plain mean. 

The amount of hate in our society has me caught somewhere between anger and grief. I have anger because I find it unbelievable that we live in a world where all of this is allowed to transpire, and no one is doing anything to stop it; my soul grieves, because I see the evil that continues to hold our planet captive with its firmest grip and it's saddening to see the human race on a path of destruction. 

I have been away from Molly's Zone for some time; any passion I had has surely started to resurface lately. I'll admit, I lost it for a time, but have given my heart to the Lord; my passion for the written word only comes through Him, and I have much still left to say. 

There have been times where I haven't been as faithful. I will be honest. I often had my mind's eye on things that don't matter, and this time of reflection has been great for me because my eyes have been opened and my faith has grown a great deal. 

The pandemic and the deepness of the evil that has been exposed, especially in Hollywood and the evident manipulation and corruption in today's media and politics, has shown me that not everything is what it seems. Making choices requires you to be mindful of all of the factual information and to follow the Lord and listen to what He wants you to do. If He tells you to get rid of something sinful in your life, get rid of it. If he calls you to do something for Him, do it.  

I have a lot of lessons learned that I have carried with me throughout the past couple of years that went unshared, because my mental health took a hit. I have fought severe anxiety since the age of sixteen, and it sometimes unfairly steals time from me. It's something Satan fights me with. 

But I am making the choice to be faithful


For the lost person: A choice must also be made:

Will you continue to live for this sinful world? There is nothing greater that the world could offer you than what Jesus has for you. He will be a forever friend. He loves you more than you could imagine. Won't you trust in Him for salvation? 

As Christians, we must be faithful. Lost souls still need to be reached. They still need to hear His word. They need to know of His saving grace, and what He could do in their lives. I have struggled a lot in life, and I get knocked down quite a bit, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that the best thing you can do, is stand back up and choose to be faithful for Him. 

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15 King James Version)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...