Wednesday, September 4, 2024

You Are Worth It to Jesus

 The Lord gave me a little something to share on this Wednesday mainly from my personal experience and for my own benefit, but someone else might need this today too. 


As I was growing up, I faced many challenges both physically and emotionally. I wasn't the most popular and I was always made to feel unworthy due to other life circumstances as well. By default, I became the overachiever with the underlying hope of proving my worth to those around me. (And maybe a little to myself too, okay a lot!) 


But now being older, I see that what I experienced wasn't all that unusual at all. This world is crazy, what it deems as acceptable and worthy of love changes by the minute and so many are left feeling as though they are worth nothing.


Even so, please know that through Christ's love, you are worth so much to Him. 

You may not be a somebody in this world, but you are somebody to Jesus.


That reminder came to me as I was in my kitchen this morning. We get caught up in doing so much with the wrong focus and we end up discouraged and defeated. (I know I have felt this way more times than I can count)


If you're saved, please remember the reminder above and keep it in your mind and in your heart. The next time you feel like nothing or that what you're doing for Him is meaningless, it's not. (Recycling a verse I heard on the Her Portion Podcast this morning, but I love it, and it put this thought on me in the first place.)


"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." (Galatians 6:9)


And if you're lost and without Christ, maybe you're feeling as though life just sucks and that nobody cares. Or maybe you have all the prestige but deep down still you're longing for something more. 


You mean so much to Jesus, too.


He thought YOU were worth dying for. 


"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)


"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)


"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." (John 3:16-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Turning Point (9/11 Remembrance)

I never usually share thoughts on Wednesdays, but the Lord placed a brief, but important message on my heart for today that couldn't go ...