Saturday, January 6, 2018

2018: A Season of Change


A new year has approached us bringing with it three hundred and sixty five opportunities to begin perhaps what has the potential to be a most beautiful transition; a season of change that involves taking risks and making leaps; one that could unlock even better versions of ourselves, still possessing the familiarity of things old and worn; those things of the past still solidly present as the foundation of us mixed in with untouched territory, new discoveries and possibilities, and the uncovering of a boldness so fierce that it not only encourages and inspires others, but also ignites a fiery passion that enables them to make a positive change that is needed in the world.

I have been deep in thought over "Molly's Zone" for the past several weeks, not quite knowing which direction to take it going into the new year. I am happy to announce that I have finally in all of heart, soul and mind made my decision.  I absolutely love where the Lord continues to lead me and throughout 2018, I want to continue growing as a disability rights advocate, and I know that in order to do that I must give more volume into my work, placing into each weekly piece more passion and soul for the independent living movement. (Yes, I know you all will be happy! I am for sure returning to weekly posts!)

Everything in life evolves and in my work throughout the year you may find the topics to be a bit more bold with a little more of a punch in them; my pieces will be more in the realm of disability advocacy and rights. I have been doing a lot of topic searching in those areas. I want to study more on rights and issues in the disability community, and I do have my own stories yet to be told. As an evolving voice in the disability community, you CANNOT be silent.

I will still continue to do my positive pick me up posts as I believe they are the heart of "Molly's Zone", because making people smile is part of who I am. I will also continue sharing my faith in Jesus, because He is the one who gave this life to me, and I love Him so very much.

There's more to advocacy and disability rights than just inspiration; the same sentiments can be used in describing me. I want to pursue more; I want to truly make a difference, inherently encouraging others with disabilities to do the same. Don't be afraid to take that leap. Don't just settle for being the smoke that clears the room, instead push yourself to be the biggest fire that the world has ever seen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...