Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Will You Take A Stand? (Food For Thought Series Part 1)



The past year has served as an unexpected opportunity for personal growth in my life. The serious journey of discovering my self worth in Christ has always been something I've never fully committed to, until now. I've mainly focused on my desire to "fit in" somewhere and never fully being invested in the joy of just living comfortably as who I am. I think we all as humans can say this battle resides in our lives in some form. But, I know it has been especially prevalent in my life. I'm horrible about doing what I want to do, instead of following what Christ wants me to do. He loves all of us, so why is it we sometimes try to be something we're not? The anxiety and built up tension I felt from living that way has surely negatively affected my soul, and it is time that I take back control. These are thoughts I have had and in writing them down, I decided to flip the perspective around and use them to help someone else who might be struggling with the same thing; plus, writing is therapeutic in itself. These are reminders to myself, and reminders to whoever may need to read them.

If you are facing this, please know you're not alone & know that you too deserve to have control over who you are & what you're doing with your life. You deserve to feel heard and valued. You don't need to be anything other than what Christ made you to be. You are beautiful. You are strong. You are loved. Own it. Live and enjoy your truth. You have a voice that has infinite power & volume. Stand strong in your faith in the midst of a world that wants to dim your light. Don't let Satan steal your happiness, and your joyous sparkle. Don't look for contentment in this helpless world, look to Jesus. When you feel something going on around you is wrong, speak up about it. Stand up for what you believe in, even if no one stands beside you. Don't let the world decide who you are. Be yourself.

Will you take a stand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...