Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The Joy of Boldness (A Heart to Heart)


This week on Molly's Zone, I wanted to share some news & talk about why I named this piece The Joy of Boldness; my words flow as easily as a free written piece could; sometimes our thoughts are the most creative pieces of art to share.

I like to paint the picture in my mind of me sitting down & talking to everyone who follows my blog.

What can one say is the joy of boldness? What is the exact definition?

The last several months saw me drifting away from my usual content. As a wordsmith and an artist of sorts, I felt I just wasn't pushing my creative potential to its potential height. If you've followed me from the beginning, I have long mentioned the desire to pursue the fiction avenue and never did follow through as I wondered if I really could do it. I went weeks and didn't post anything simply because I didn't know which direction to go.

A couple of weeks ago, I took the deepest plunge and submitted one of my fictional works to a magazine. I'm still awaiting to get with an editor and hear a yes or no concerning my story, but I finally felt confident enough to just dive right on in. God had laid this on my heart several years ago, and in my gut I know now is the right time to pursue it. I am hoping that this leads to a new audience and even more inspiration creatively; a new market and it will be a fun journey.

I know in my heart that I love Jesus, and even though I'm human and don't always make the smartest decisions, I have to say that He has been so good to me. I don't deserve it. The joy that has come into my heart is indescribable; the confidence to chase every dream and live life to its fullest

Purely priceless....

The joy of boldness is going after what ever dream you have and not caring what others' opinions of you may be. I struggled with that so much in my past. A few weeks out from my 27th birthday and I'm feeling stronger and happier than ever.

The joy of boldness is embracing your flaws and owning up to who you are; living in your purest form, and choosing to bask in imperfect humanity.

The joy of boldness is share your faith in everything you do: your creative passions, the way you live your life, how you treat people, and sharing that love and inspiration incessantly. As a writer, I choose to never seek money or fame and I am unapologetically choosy with whom I publish; it's just how I roll. The joy of boldness is typing those words and being proud that I am sharing my truth. Not to say, I don't feel tempted during certain moments (growing up with any self confidence issue with whatever origin, you tend to want to be noticed and that doesn't just go away...prayer is the only thing that knocks it and that's something all of us could improve on, I think.). Humanity is messy. I always say little is much. Thank you Jesus for my gift, the ability to pursue my passions, and the platform to share it with. Never let yourself get the best of who the Lord could help you be. Try your hardest and live honestly. Speak your heart and mind.

I have more plans in the coming months. I found a few other magazines I want to try tackling, and I also applied to a platform called Coffee House Writers. I am awaiting a definite yes or no response, but I am hopeful! I love this season of my life, because it seems I am feeling an unusual surge of confidence and get up and go creatively; it's a welcome spark. I have ideas for the rest of March as well as April. Stay tuned!

I hope you all are enjoying your Tuesday! Live boldly and soar beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...