Thursday, September 30, 2021

The Need To Be Set Apart

 You are far better off to be set apart from the world than to be submerged in it.


The world promotes the notion that we should do whatever is "socially acceptable", referencing cultural norms that have been put in place by an ever-changing world; in reality, our focus should be on what is acceptable by God's standard.

I used to struggle with the fact that I don't have a huge social circle. Every time I try to have too much of one, I get launched onto detours that only serve to distract me on my walk with Christ.

Allowing yourself to be set apart brings a much deeper sense of peace. It gives you the chance to deepen your friendship & fellowship with Jesus: the most important friendship of all. To not only help you examine your heart but also to strengthen your faith and trust in Him for everything.

Don't let this world make you believe that you have to partake in something just because it's the newest trend. Don't think that you need the same exact friends as someone else.

Find friends with common interests. Lately, I have loved reading other women's blogs and I've even reached out to some of them.

It's okay to have friends. Keep your circle small.

And know that it's also a necessity to take the time to be still, being set apart to spend time with Jesus. 


"But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him."

"Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah."

"Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord."

(Psalm 4:3-5 King James Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...