Friday, January 7, 2022

A Blanket In The Cold

 One of my all time favorite must haves that I keep with me during these cold (and occasionally snowy and windy) winter months is a trusty warm blanket. 


I have a whole linen closet full & feel you can never have enough. 


You can also never have enough Jesus.


In the bitter coldness of this world, He is a blanket like source of warmth and comfort. A place of rest when our souls become weary; the armor that serves as a shield during those particularly windy storms of life. A source of guidance and truth through it all. 


"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him". (Proverbs 30:5)


I would never be able to sleep comfortably at night without at least one blanket at night, sometimes two on those REALLY cold nights.


Who are you relying on to pull you through those long dark nights? Where is your source of comfort and warmth to be found? Who do you turn to for guidance?


"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might."


"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."


" For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."


"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." (Ephesians 6:10-13)


The greatest source of comfort and warmth you will ever find is through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. 


Please don't spend another night without placing your faith in Him for salvation. This world is too dark and cold for you to try and walk alone. Jesus is waiting for you with arms wide open. 


"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."(Romans 10:13)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...