Monday, January 24, 2022

Be Kind Anyway

A word and a story for your Monday:  


Kindness 


There doesn't seem to be a lot of that going around at the moment. 


Around the age of four, my mom and I used to make the trip to Ravenswood to pick up my older half brother and older half sister to spend the weekend with us, and on one occasion my mom and I were pulled over en route by a police officer and as he finished giving his warning, my mom cautioned him against waking me up because I would never stop talking once he did.  


Of course, I woke up from my nap and ended up telling the officer my name & whole life story and asking him questions. I made them both laugh. 


As the years went by, the waves of a rocky life experience started to take ahold and I lost my outgoing nature for many years, becoming guarded and more anxious as the cruelty of others instilled a foundation of fear and shame.


In the world we live in today, we need both compassion and kindness. We need outgoing souls who are willing to not only share the gospel of Jesus Christ, but also to share a kind word, or a virtual hug to someone whose world may be full of rocky waves. 


It is a priceless treasure to be connected in some small way to everyone you meet, instead of living in fear of what they may be thinking or with a spirit of judgement. It is important to never turn up your nose at someone else...because at any given moment...you could be standing right in their shoes. 


The point of this story and thought is: It doesn't matter how uneasy you've grown to feel about just saying hello, waving, or even asking someone a question and making conversation. 


Be kind anyway. Be chatty. Give a smile and a hug if you can. You may be the light of encouragement that someone needs. 


"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."


"Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house."


"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."(Matthew 5:14-16)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...