Skip to main content

The Presence of Jesus

 Raise your hand if you still haven't finished all of your Christmas shopping yet.  


For the first time ever in my life, I am on the last minute shoppers team this year, and I genuinely have no clue what to buy for anyone; I don't even know what else I could possibly need or ask for from loved ones. 


The commercial aspect of Christmas has lost its appeal; it's unbelievable to see just how far the world has drifted away from the true significance of the Christmas celebration. 


The joy of Christmas can never be found through buying expensive gifts.


It's purpose will never revolve around seeing who has been naughty or nice, or the amount of presents someone receives.


The celebratory meaning behind this special day will always be the birth of Jesus; a great reminder of the hope that can be found through placing our faith in Him.


He selflessly paid the debt of sin for all so that we may have the free gift of salvation and the promise of eternal life. 


Choosing to accept that special one-of- a-kind gift will be the greatest and most important decision you could ever make. 


May this be your reminder to remember just Who you are celebrating. It's ALL about the presence of Jesus and the great commending of His love towards us.


"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8 KJV)


 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6 KJV) 

"

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

 "Not of works, lest any man should boast."

(Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things To Remember When You Feel Like Quitting On God

Having the opportunity to serve the Lord through writing faith-based short stories and devotionals will forever be my greatest joy.  I have traveled along on the writing journey for about ten years now, yet it would be untruthful to tell you that I've never felt like quitting.  I know I have.  Have you ever felt that way? Are you in a season of distraction or discouragement?  The Lord placed this thought and those questions on my heart because I know that many others who remain faithful in serving the Lord in their own respective way are met with same opposition from Satan.  Sometimes it's difficult for you not to feel distracted and discouraged---as if the joy that you once held in your heart is somehow nowhere to be found. The good news is that while opposition will never go away on this side of Heaven, there are things to remember and tools that we can use to fight off those fiery darts and keep on keepin' on! (One of my all time favorite phrases) Today, I wa...

The Source of Everlasting Strength

"Life may try to weigh you down, but never let it wear you out." I love that the Lord placed that particular phrase on my heart while thinking about how certain circumstances in our lives can become truly overwhelming. I never enjoy shining a light on all that I face physically, but I will today because it fits well within the message.  Many of you may remember that I experienced COVID last September; as a result, I have dealt with lasting fatigue that carries no reasonable medical explanation, although I am absolutely certain that  living with both cerebral palsy and PCOS may play a significant role. It's now difficult to exert any amount of energy at all. Completing even the tiniest of tasks often feels the same as climbing Mount Everest. Some of those days it seems as if everything weighs me down and wears me out. (writing honestly) I know many who struggle with SO much more than I do. I know I'm never alone in that battle. Maybe you're experiencing one of thos...

Molly's Morning Thoughts: Are You Inviting Jesus In Or Shutting Him Out?

  A Word From Molly : I'm a little late on sharing a thought from yesterday morning but I couldn't go without giving it a place on the blog. I love that the Lord put this on my heart to write because it is SO true. I may turn this into a new blog segment, we shall see, but I hope this speaks to your heart as much as it did mine. Molly's Zone will celebrate its 10th birthday on Monday and I still feel so blessed to have the opportunity to write for Jesus. Molly's Zone has been a little quiet (life has been quite interesting lately) but I cannot wait to share more all throughout the month of September.  I woke up early this morning thinking about something that the Lord placed on my heart I LOVE podcasts & decided to try something new on Spotify the other day & listened to an episode about God's power in the midst of impossible situations and it got me wondering: How often are we guilty of attempting to take on a situation that is too much for us to handl...