I had SO many messages on my heart for the month of July and none of them came to fruition. I just wasn't feeling "people-ly" and poured all of my energy into helping my mother with outdoor projects. However, I can honestly say that I am SUPER excited to return to the blog. I am fully recharged and ready to go for the month of August and I cannot wait to share all of what the Lord has placed upon my heart (previously planned material will surely be included)
I have felt somewhat overwhelmed lately-- not only by the intense heat of the summer, but also for all that is going on in our world today---the presence of deception and darkness is truly beyond what I ever thought was possible. And the loss of my friend Mike was a shock and had me deeply lost in thought for a while. The heartache that families are facing, broken and burdened by circumstances that no one should ever have to face. I was reading just yesterday about the In-N-Out shooting in Idaho.
These unfortunate scenarios made me remember that life is short and that tomorrow is never promised. As followers of Christ,it is dangerously easy for our hearts to grow weary and apathetic towards a world that openly celebrates and encourages sin.
It made me remember that no matter the trials and tribulations may come our way.....it is imperative that we keep on keepin on for the cause of Christ, simply because there are countless souls that are currently lost, hellbound, and in desperate need of salvation.
The heat of this world and the challenges we face can absolutely overwhelm us and completely wear us out sometimes.
There's no way for me to know what sort of season you may be traveling through---all I can do is encourage you to keep on keepin' on for the cause of Christ. I know that I have intensely struggled physically with this heat and literally took two and half days to give my body some much needed rest from it.
Sometimes our hearts need spiritual rest too, and that's okay. It's okay to step back and to allow the simplicity of His presence to reignite our fire for Him.
But keep sharing the Gospel with anyone and everyone--while some may not be as receptive as others, remember that your only responsibility is to simply plant the seed.
The world may disappoint beyond belief but God will forever be the same today as He was yesterday. Don't quit sharing the Gospel. Don't quit serving Him.
Just keep on keepin' on and give Him all the glory.
"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." (Galatians 6:9 KJV)
Comments
Post a Comment