Skip to main content

Send Me, Lord (11 Years of Molly's Zone)

The arrival of September saw the passing of an  remarkable milestone----the 11th anniversary of the official launch of my little blog and the beginning of an awesome adventure. 

To think I initially said no to writing for Jesus absolutely blows my mind but I will forever love sharing the beautiful story of how it came to pass.

The tugs on my heart actually began when I was a nineteen year old college student---I always knew that I was to write something for Him, I just never quite understood what it was. 

I was solely focused on graduating college and simply building upon a career in my chosen field of study. 

I kept ignoring that still small voice and for the four years that followed, I actively ran from it and absolutely nothing in the world could ever satisfy the deep ache within my soul. 

I knew Jesus but my heart was somehow locked into a desperate search for peace and purpose that included countless tearful nights of pleading with Jesus to simply use me. 

I was willing to do whatever I could for Him.
It didn't matter what it was. 


When the original opportunity to become a digital encourager for those with disabilities was first made available to me during my aunt's wedding reception on July 3, 2015, I was overjoyed! I immediately felt an overwhelming sense of peace as well and I just knew that the Lord had heard and answered my prayers for purpose. 

I said yes without any hesitation! 

At twenty-three, I finally accepted His call upon my life and I have absolutely had the BEST time throughout these eleven years piecing together devotionals and mapping out short story plots. 

It is SO much fun! 

I have never and will never label myself as a content creator or an influencer. 

I am simply Molly.

I have forever felt that the "influencer culture" that we live in is all about gaining enough followers or garnering enough likes. 

And that's never the attitude you ought to have.

The entire journey has taught me so much about what it means to truly and honestly serve the Lord.

I have grown SO much in my ministry and my sole aim in writing today is to share my heart with those who are wanting and willing to serve Him however it may be possible. 

I have forever lived as an overachiever and it's dangerously easy to become consumed by our level of performance and how much we do for Him. (Pastor Daniel made a mention of this yesterday evening.) 

It was difficult for me to surrender that mindset in the beginning--I was ready to take the world by storm. 

The Lord has helped me to accomplish so much more than I ever thought possible. I was blessed with the opportunity to fly across the country twice and I have held on an online presence on many platforms for quite some time now. 

But I love my little Blogger website and I love the intimate feel of it. When I go to write out a message that He has given me, my aim is to have it read as if I'm sitting across from someone while at their kitchen table. I have kept my platform small for that reason. 

I have wrestled from time to time with the thought that it is little known. (Satan loves to make us feel as though we aren't truly making a difference doesn't he?)

But I have long held the hymn "Little Is Much When God Is In It" close to my heart as I love the heart of its message.

Whatever place He has called you to serve, if His hand is on it--know that not only is He deeply invested in it but that He also cares about it just as much as you do---maybe even more so.

There's SO much joy to be found through serving Jesus. It's important to have fun most of all and to remember that what we do for the Lord should never be about pleasing the world. 

But it should always be about pleasing Him. 


Giving into the pressures of this world is the BEST way to lose every ounce of that precious joy. 

Has the Lord been tugging on your heart to serve Him in some capacity but you just don't know where to begin? 

All you need to do is to simply pray and tell Him that you are wanting and willing to be used all for His precious glory. 

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." (Isaiah 6:8) 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Source of Everlasting Strength

"Life may try to weigh you down, but never let it wear you out." I love that the Lord placed that particular phrase on my heart while thinking about how certain circumstances in our lives can become truly overwhelming. I never enjoy shining a light on all that I face physically, but I will today because it fits well within the message.  Many of you may remember that I experienced COVID last September; as a result, I have dealt with lasting fatigue that carries no reasonable medical explanation, although I am absolutely certain that  living with both cerebral palsy and PCOS may play a significant role. It's now difficult to exert any amount of energy at all. Completing even the tiniest of tasks often feels the same as climbing Mount Everest. Some of those days it seems as if everything weighs me down and wears me out. (writing honestly) I know many who struggle with SO much more than I do. I know I'm never alone in that battle. Maybe you're experiencing one of thos...

Molly's Morning Thoughts: Are You Inviting Jesus In Or Shutting Him Out?

  A Word From Molly : I'm a little late on sharing a thought from yesterday morning but I couldn't go without giving it a place on the blog. I love that the Lord put this on my heart to write because it is SO true. I may turn this into a new blog segment, we shall see, but I hope this speaks to your heart as much as it did mine. Molly's Zone will celebrate its 10th birthday on Monday and I still feel so blessed to have the opportunity to write for Jesus. Molly's Zone has been a little quiet (life has been quite interesting lately) but I cannot wait to share more all throughout the month of September.  I woke up early this morning thinking about something that the Lord placed on my heart I LOVE podcasts & decided to try something new on Spotify the other day & listened to an episode about God's power in the midst of impossible situations and it got me wondering: How often are we guilty of attempting to take on a situation that is too much for us to handl...

Things To Remember When You Feel Like Quitting On God

Having the opportunity to serve the Lord through writing faith-based short stories and devotionals will forever be my greatest joy.  I have traveled along on the writing journey for about ten years now, yet it would be untruthful to tell you that I've never felt like quitting.  I know I have.  Have you ever felt that way? Are you in a season of distraction or discouragement?  The Lord placed this thought and those questions on my heart because I know that many others who remain faithful in serving the Lord in their own respective way are met with same opposition from Satan.  Sometimes it's difficult for you not to feel distracted and discouraged---as if the joy that you once held in your heart is somehow nowhere to be found. The good news is that while opposition will never go away on this side of Heaven, there are things to remember and tools that we can use to fight off those fiery darts and keep on keepin' on! (One of my all time favorite phrases) Today, I wa...