Skip to main content

An Unwavering Love

       I cannot believe that we are already well into the month of October! It has been SO long since I have actively published any brand new devotionals or short stories on the blog (apart from the few that were included within the reissues of my "Running Home" short story series.)

I love having the opportunity to write for the Lord and I always miss it whenever I'm not in "writer mode" simply because it is honestly my greatest source of joy and I could never imagine doing anything else with the life that He has blessed me with. 

I try to live out each day with a spirit of encouragement and it is my sole aim to enlighten and edify the hearts of those who stumble upon my little blog. I have forever held onto the belief that little is much when God is in it.

At the heart of today's message is one story that I have never taken the time to share simply because it slightly delves into grief territory but I just love the analogy that's within and I couldn't go without writing it out. 

Everyone who knows me and my story well has forever known that I never had the opportunity to be a true blue Daddy's girl. I dearly loved my father even so and there are those moments where I replay every conversation that we had throughout those final few months of his life. 

I called him nearly every day when he was sick and battling stage four lung cancer and I absolutely LOVE that we got to talk more than we ever had in the twenty five years since my parents' divorce. 

I will forever consider that to be such a wonderful blessing from the Lord. 

He was largely absent for most of my childhood and frequently came in and out of my life even as I grew into an adult. He was not into fatherhood and made it known that I was never a priority to him. 

And I don't believe he ever truly realized that one day the opportunity to have a relationship with me would one day be no more. But I never gave up on him. I never stopped trying. 

Why would I write about this? 

This memory came to the forefront of my thoughts and I couldn't help but correlate it with the hearts and minds of those who are lost and living out their days without Christ. 

They've never known Him. 

They've never experienced the sweetness of His mercy and grace. 

Nor have they ever felt the warmth of His unwavering love. 

The times we are living through are filled with what I call spiritual defiance (others may label it as either entitlement or simply being hard-hearted.)

You can plainly see it in the attitudes of people and the way they go about doing daily activities. (May we continue to talk about the drivers on the road these days or some of the nasty unapologetic comments that people shamelessly leave online for everyone to see?) 

They don't want to follow directions. 

They don't believe they need to. 

People are in that mindset of "I'll do whatever I want and I do not care about the disruption that I will cause others" or "It won't matter" 

In writing that out I want to include that it most certainly DOES matter. You may be someone who is lost and on their way to a fiery Hell and you may think that the discussion of salvation carries no significance whatsoever. 

You need to know that tomorrow is never promised, my friend. Jesus loves you and He won't ever stop knocking on the front door of your heart. Hell is someplace you don't want to be and somewhere you don't have to go. 

But one day all of the opportunities to know Jesus and to have that sweet assurance of salvation will be completely lost. 

Tomorrow is never promised.

May today be the day of your salvation. 

May today be the day you come to know all about His unwavering love. 

“For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.” (2 Corinthians 2:4)

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things To Remember When You Feel Like Quitting On God

Having the opportunity to serve the Lord through writing faith-based short stories and devotionals will forever be my greatest joy.  I have traveled along on the writing journey for about ten years now, yet it would be untruthful to tell you that I've never felt like quitting.  I know I have.  Have you ever felt that way? Are you in a season of distraction or discouragement?  The Lord placed this thought and those questions on my heart because I know that many others who remain faithful in serving the Lord in their own respective way are met with same opposition from Satan.  Sometimes it's difficult for you not to feel distracted and discouraged---as if the joy that you once held in your heart is somehow nowhere to be found. The good news is that while opposition will never go away on this side of Heaven, there are things to remember and tools that we can use to fight off those fiery darts and keep on keepin' on! (One of my all time favorite phrases) Today, I wa...

The Source of Everlasting Strength

"Life may try to weigh you down, but never let it wear you out." I love that the Lord placed that particular phrase on my heart while thinking about how certain circumstances in our lives can become truly overwhelming. I never enjoy shining a light on all that I face physically, but I will today because it fits well within the message.  Many of you may remember that I experienced COVID last September; as a result, I have dealt with lasting fatigue that carries no reasonable medical explanation, although I am absolutely certain that  living with both cerebral palsy and PCOS may play a significant role. It's now difficult to exert any amount of energy at all. Completing even the tiniest of tasks often feels the same as climbing Mount Everest. Some of those days it seems as if everything weighs me down and wears me out. (writing honestly) I know many who struggle with SO much more than I do. I know I'm never alone in that battle. Maybe you're experiencing one of thos...

Molly's Morning Thoughts: Are You Inviting Jesus In Or Shutting Him Out?

  A Word From Molly : I'm a little late on sharing a thought from yesterday morning but I couldn't go without giving it a place on the blog. I love that the Lord put this on my heart to write because it is SO true. I may turn this into a new blog segment, we shall see, but I hope this speaks to your heart as much as it did mine. Molly's Zone will celebrate its 10th birthday on Monday and I still feel so blessed to have the opportunity to write for Jesus. Molly's Zone has been a little quiet (life has been quite interesting lately) but I cannot wait to share more all throughout the month of September.  I woke up early this morning thinking about something that the Lord placed on my heart I LOVE podcasts & decided to try something new on Spotify the other day & listened to an episode about God's power in the midst of impossible situations and it got me wondering: How often are we guilty of attempting to take on a situation that is too much for us to handl...