Thursday, March 22, 2018

What Jesus Means to Me (Easter 2018)


Spring has once again made its presence known, despite the fact that it has remained snowy and cold; with this season change comes the time in which we celebrate Easter. Capturing the essence of the holiday may at the surface find people immersed in Easter egg hunts, chocolate bunnies, or baskets filled with a variety of candies.

The true reason behind this day is the celebration of Jesus Christ's resurrection. He is my Lord and Savior, my best friend,  and the whole reason I am who I am. I have to spend some time on the blog just praising Him for all the work He's done in my life. He's been with me through every part of my journey, and I am so eternally grateful.

I wanted to share just a few of the many ways in which He's brought joy and light into my life.

1)My personal relationship with Him- I accepted Christ as my Savior on June 24, 2004 and my life has never been the same; it has continued so beautifully. I gained so much more than I expected: a forever friend, unconditional love, and so much purpose that has been reflected in all of my struggles. My walk with Christ has strengthened due to the rough road I've traveled; I couldn't have as much joy as I do without His presence and guidance. I am able to see my surroundings as He sees them. I have peace and contentment. Keeping faith in His plan isn't always the easiest thing to do as His plans are sometimes hard to understand, but it is so worth every blessing and worth knowing I am living my days serving Him. He makes me the happiest I could possibly be.

2) My relationship with my Momma-  My mother is the strongest person I know and has been such a blessing in my life; I am so thankful to call her mine. Jesus has most definitely paired us together for a reason. We love each other and we keep each other going throughout all of life's most precious and unpredictable moments. I truly don't know what I would do or who I would be without her; she's always instilled in me the desire to pursue everything life has to offer, and to stay focused on putting God first in everything I do. I love you so much, Momma.

3) My Writing Journey- "Molly's Zone" began as an inspirational blog and has evolved into one of my greatest blessings; many doors have opened and life has become a joyous ride. I am excited to continue on my journey as I'm not sure where He'll lead me to next. I love watching His beautiful plan for my life unfold. Jesus has always been a great help in helping me to find topics to write on; when I pray, one usually pops out of the blue. I am a called writer, and this is something I shall always happily do.

4) My Outlook On Life- As a child of God, I have noticed myself seeing situations through His eyes. I take my faith seriously, and I do my best to keep my determination. We are all human, and none of us are perfect in any way, but it is important to keep in mind the focus of your life and what you are doing with it. What kind of mark do you wish to leave? What is your ultimate goal? Are you putting Him first?

Having a disability is not a blessing; it has caused a lot of heartbreak and anxiety for me through the years; I have socialization issues that I wish I didn't have. I have experienced depression battles in the past; I work so much harder than my able-bodied peers just because I grew up thinking I always had a point to prove. The true blessing throughout my own personal journey with cerebral palsy has been meeting such wonderful people, getting to travel and experience life, and having the chance to be the lighthouse that others need. I love seeing the words I write touch so many lives; in spite of my disability, I find joy in Him using my life for His glory.

5) My Continued Health Improvement- I am still so thankful for my continued improvement health wise. Going through this vitamin deficiency trial has been the most challenging experience of my life thus far. I am still so happy that a diagnosis was made and that I am on the way to being completely healed. I am grateful for His protection and use of my experience to help others. Seeing the impact of my article was a priceless treasure.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter! Remember to be grateful for all that you have. Jesus should always come first; He is truly what this day is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...