Skip to main content

Words We Forget to Pray (Food For Thought)


I don't have a specific blog topic for this week. I have been walking through a season of acknowledging the fact that I struggle to be as close to God as He desires. As we all are, I'm sure there are times in which we forget to be thankful and truly appreciative for what we do have. I tend to walk in a spirit of negativity and sorrow; I have a habit of basing all of my relationships on needing to feel whole through the presence of fellowship instead of counting on faith solely to fulfill me. I'm not sure exactly which part of my life it stems from. I am tackling those issues through prayer and a deep soul search.

My encouragement for you today is short, but heavy in importance. If you do not have the kind of relationship that you desire with Christ, or if you feel like every friendship you dive into is a one way street, if you feel like maybe you are tad bit toxic to those around you because of unresolved issues in your life, then I encourage you to pray the words we sometimes forget to pray.

Pray for help in those areas; I'm a work in progress, but the Lord has put me into a position that I am beginning to truly deal with my own unhealthy behaviors the prayer kind of way. So many times we give past situations to the Lord, and we fail to acknowledge the unhealthy coping mechanisms we have developed; and sin we face that we've never dealt with before.

As I said yesterday, you aren't responsible for what happens to you; as an adult it is your responsibility to decide how you deal with it. I will write on this more later, but just know you have the power to be better. You can be better. You can live again, despite what part of your spiritual life may be dry. I heard something along those lines in church the other night, and as it fit into my current season of life, I wanted to share.

Don't give up and don't give power to your mind. Work to unlearn those unhealthy behaviors and tendencies for unhealthy attachments.

God's got this. You got this. Together you can conquer whatever is in your way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Source of Everlasting Strength

"Life may try to weigh you down, but never let it wear you out." I love that the Lord placed that particular phrase on my heart while thinking about how certain circumstances in our lives can become truly overwhelming. I never enjoy shining a light on all that I face physically, but I will today because it fits well within the message.  Many of you may remember that I experienced COVID last September; as a result, I have dealt with lasting fatigue that carries no reasonable medical explanation, although I am absolutely certain that  living with both cerebral palsy and PCOS may play a significant role. It's now difficult to exert any amount of energy at all. Completing even the tiniest of tasks often feels the same as climbing Mount Everest. Some of those days it seems as if everything weighs me down and wears me out. (writing honestly) I know many who struggle with SO much more than I do. I know I'm never alone in that battle. Maybe you're experiencing one of thos...

Things To Remember When You Feel Like Quitting On God

Having the opportunity to serve the Lord through writing faith-based short stories and devotionals will forever be my greatest joy.  I have traveled along on the writing journey for about ten years now, yet it would be untruthful to tell you that I've never felt like quitting.  I know I have.  Have you ever felt that way? Are you in a season of distraction or discouragement?  The Lord placed this thought and those questions on my heart because I know that many others who remain faithful in serving the Lord in their own respective way are met with same opposition from Satan.  Sometimes it's difficult for you not to feel distracted and discouraged---as if the joy that you once held in your heart is somehow nowhere to be found. The good news is that while opposition will never go away on this side of Heaven, there are things to remember and tools that we can use to fight off those fiery darts and keep on keepin' on! (One of my all time favorite phrases) Today, I wa...

Molly's Morning Thoughts: Are You Inviting Jesus In Or Shutting Him Out?

  A Word From Molly : I'm a little late on sharing a thought from yesterday morning but I couldn't go without giving it a place on the blog. I love that the Lord put this on my heart to write because it is SO true. I may turn this into a new blog segment, we shall see, but I hope this speaks to your heart as much as it did mine. Molly's Zone will celebrate its 10th birthday on Monday and I still feel so blessed to have the opportunity to write for Jesus. Molly's Zone has been a little quiet (life has been quite interesting lately) but I cannot wait to share more all throughout the month of September.  I woke up early this morning thinking about something that the Lord placed on my heart I LOVE podcasts & decided to try something new on Spotify the other day & listened to an episode about God's power in the midst of impossible situations and it got me wondering: How often are we guilty of attempting to take on a situation that is too much for us to handl...