Friday, April 22, 2022

"The Introduction" (Running Home: Behind The Story Series Part 2)

 

As we make the journey back into the world of the "Running Home: Behind The Stories" series this week, the sentiments behind its creation continue with the discussion of the introductory short story. 

The process of many late-night sessions brought forth the foundational idea behind the stories. Running Home serves as a reference to running the race of faith in Jesus Christ and keeping trust in His promises throughout all of the many twists and turns of life. The journey takes readers through the earliest parts of Melda's life, her eventual salvation, and the years that followed. All sixteen stories were written with the intent to show evidence of Christ's continual presence and of the great hope that a personal relationship with Him provides.

My intention in opening the series was to not only introduce the close-knit bond of the family, but to provide a glimpse into the deepness of Christ's love; its unconditional nature, the source of shelter He faithfully provides through times of uncertainty, and the eternal security that can be found by choosing to stand firm on the promises found all throughout His Word. 

The strength and guidance He provides us with to face the trials and tribulations that present themselves are both precious and priceless; He hands us an abundance of resources to fight the battle of spiritual warfare that is continuously among us. 

Keeping faith in His promises isn't always easy, but a life with Jesus secures the  promise of eternal victory for all who trust in Him; His continual presence also guarantees an unwavering foundation for our hearts to run to as we face each and every day.


"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

 "Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. " (2 Timothy 4: 7-8 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...