Saturday, June 11, 2022

"Running Home: The Rescuer" (Behind The Story Series Part 5)

 

    "The Rescuer" was formed and written as a true-to-life salvation story. I knew in my heart when I wrote it that this was a turning point in the series; it holds a crucial message for many in this world. I hope that through my words, those who have not trusted in Christ to save them from their sins and from spending an eternity in Hell will do so before it's everlasting too late. I prayed fervently over each story, but "The Rescuer" was the main feature of the entire project.

When I think of Jesus, describing Him as a "rescuer" seems like a perfect fit. I accepted Christ as my Savior at the age of twelve. I was raised by a single mother and within those first few years, after my father chose his absence, a cloud of emotional tribulation soon appeared. I truly felt as if I was always a little girl who found herself running away from painful situations; my life was never at peace, and my heart was always searching for an escape. 

However, it doesn't matter what your current circumstances are or what kind of childhood experience you had; even the best of lives lived without Christ have the same ending result.

A life that's never at peace. A heart that's always searching for an escape: a place to belong, and a remedy for brokenness. Days without an ounce of purposeful direction and eventual eternal separation from God.

A life without Him will leave your heart filled with emptiness and no hope at all; in this world, being accepted by an ever-changing society holds no eternal value. The best man-made medicines or therapies will never be a healer of sorrow; they will simply act as a temporary band-aid that fails to address the root cause.

Friend, there's no greater remedy for your sorrow than placing your life into the hands of Jesus. If He's tugging at your heart, please don't ignore Him. Tomorrow is never promised. He loves you more than you could ever fathom. The past seventeen (almost eighteen) years with Jesus as my Savior have been a whirlwind of purposeful lessons and experiences. I've not regretted it one bit! 

He is the rescuer of my soul and continues to fight battles for me every single day; Jesus rejoices with me on my greatest days and carries me through the darkest of valleys. My heart always needs the Lord. I wouldn't be able to write any meaningful messages or stories without having His hand of guidance upon each of them. I praise His name for every bit of my journey! 

There is hope to be found for the hopeless.

There's victory to be claimed for the defenseless. 

There's a remedy for the broken-hearted.

There's a beautiful story of His grace within your mess just waiting to be told.

Jesus holds a desire to rescue you and no one is ever too lost to save. Please don't go another second without asking Him into your heart. Tomorrow is never promised. He is not willing that anyone should perish. 

Anyone means YOU.

The Bible Way to Heaven

 

We’re All Sinners: “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)

 

We Were Sent A Savior: “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

 

We Were Supplied A Gift: “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23)

 

We Can Simply Call: “For whosoever shall upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)

 

We Must Confess: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved”. (Romans 10:9)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...