Friday, September 1, 2023

A Place And a Purpose (Molly's Zone Turns Eight!)



September 1st will always be a wonderfully blessed day.

I simply cannot find the words to describe the amount of thankfulness and gratitude that I hold within my heart for every opportunity that the Lord has given me to serve Him through being able to write for Him and to share the truth of His precious Word. 

Today, Molly's Zone celebrates the eighth anniversary of its launch, and my heart is immensely filled with joy. Time truly flies when you're having fun, and I've had a blast! Thinking back to where I was eight years ago brings me to the remembrance of a time when I was without a place to belong in the world : a then-recent college graduate without purpose as well (my whole life at that point revolved around functioning as a professional student)

Wanting to "fit in" was forever my goal---if I wasn't an acne-ridden teenager trying to blend in with everyone at school, I was a 20-something-year-old college graduate who was attempting to lay ground on the perfect "normal person" career foundation as someone with cerebral palsy. 

I never considered writing for Jesus---not even once. I felt Him working on my heart concerning this path as early as 2011---but I chose to ignore every gentle tug, simply because I thought my plans were promising enough. The final three years of college worked out well despite a disastrous freshman year, but as numerous job interviews were unsuccessful, I could feel discouragement beginning to form within my heart. The entire summer of 2014 was an unforgettable season that finished with my mother being formally diagnosed with discoid lupus. Everything in my life became an absolute mess.

I threw myself back into the world of higher education for another semester in the spring of 2015---holding out hope of working in medical coding and billing; those months flew by and I was still left unsatisfied as that career pursuit turned out to be unfruitful as well. 

After rededicating my life to the Lord in June of that same year, I spent countless tear-filled nights in prayer fervently searching for the much-needed purpose that I knew only He could provide.

Three weeks passed before I was presented with the opportunity to begin blogging for an occupational therapy business based in Atlanta, Georgia; through its creation, I would be given the chance to provide a source of encouragement and wisdom for those with disabilities. I said yes to the idea without hesitation--simply because I believed that it was the result of answered prayer.

Fast forward to September 2023 and this little blog continues to be an enormous blessing that I will never fully deserve. Writing for the Lord provides me with such joy: the overwhelming presence of peace and the sense of purpose within my heart are two priceless treasures that I hope and pray will keep Molly's Zone running in the years to come.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28 KJV)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...