Tuesday, November 8, 2022

A Reminder to Be Thankful

     My heart is oh so happy that I am returning to Molly's Zone on this Tuesday morning! It has been well over six weeks since my blog anniversary post was shared; moving on up into September and all throughout the month of October proved to be a challenging period of time for my mother and me. 

I want to take this moment in time to simply praise the Lord both in the written word and within my heart for all of the recovery progress that my mother has made. It was truly a touch-and-go situation for some time; the unwelcoming presence of an autoimmune disease all too often leaves the heart filled with uncertainty.

Yet, in the midst of a relentless surge of fear---the Lord's faithfulness kept our hearts hopeful.

The ache of loneliness in walking through unfamiliar territory for the first time---sorrow that my heart has never known----the sort of friendship found through knowing Jesus forever fills my heart with peace that passes all understanding.

The devoted touch of His comfort found through the forgiveness found within His mercy and grace---the unconditional love that gently carried our broken hearts through the darkness; the sweetness of His love reverberated through the encouraging words and fervent prayers of loved ones near and far.

The magnitude of those blessings so often serves as a reminder to my heart to always be thankful. The Lord is gracious in providing for our every need (as well as a few wants). The smallest acts of His kindness and love must always be remembered as one travels along the pathway of life. 

May those small acts lead to some big moments of praise. 

May this thought for today be a reminder to always, always, always be thankful.

And whatever life may throw your way---Hold onto Jesus, and allow His light to shine right on through; allow Him to build and strengthen a heart of courage and hope within you. 


"Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." (Psalm 27:14 KJV)

"Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good: for His mercy endureth forever." (Psalm 106:1 KJV) 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...