Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Our Services Part 2: Making the Plan



While the building of a solid life foundation is important, it is only the beginning of a transformational journey. The next phase of the NRS process, is for us as a team to work together with you and your family by taking part in your educational experience and helping you to create a life transition plan that is made to fit your specific needs and goals. 

At Next Right Steps, we strive to make every phase of your life as positive and stress free as we can; as consultants, we provide IEP support, transition plan development and/or review, and recommendations for supportive aids and services that utilize the Universal Design for Learning approach, which works to decrease the barriers of learning by encouraging inclusionary activities in the classroom; college support meetings are also provided to clients that wish to further their education. We have services for just about anything!

As a part of the process, we want to provide as much guidance as we can; we provide one on one tutoring for those who may be struggling in school with any particular subject; we also serve as mentors to provide you with access to convenient, real-time advice on any situation you may face. As one of the mentors, my main goal is to use the experiences I've had to influence another person's life. Much of my life has been lived on a trial and error basis, and I had to learn a lot on my own, but I hope to change that for other people. I want to be the voice of reason for many. Always have fun in life, but also have goals! Be content with yourself. These kinds of things give a glimpse of the impact I hope to make.

At Next Right Steps, we also focus on the teaching of life skills such as time and money management, and how to navigate the services that colleges offer (ie. disability services, library services, and on campus tutoring options). Self exploration and the inclusion of the family in the soul searching process is also included as a part of your NRS journey, because we believe that the transition to adulthood is a family affair; we help you to determine possible career choices by matching your strengths and interests with the environment and the demands of the field. In other words, we help you to find a possibly perfect fit!

Next Right Steps is something that we hope will empower many; we work to help you through any challenge that's in front of you, and we care about your happiness, success and the quality and satisfaction of the care you receive. Stay tuned for next week as I write about even more of our services!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...