Monday, April 4, 2016

What's In Store for 24?

The post for this week is centered around a very special topic: birthdays! Birthdays are meaningful because they have the potential to serve as a day of self reflection, and can make way for the development of new and exciting dreams! I have temporarily changed “blog day” to Monday for the week because I am turning twenty four tomorrow! I am looking forward to this birthday in particular because I feel at this stage of personal growth, I am the most fierce version of myself. I have come into my own in terms of life, and I’m glad because I grew tired of struggling so much. I have created a small list of goals I hope to accomplish while being twenty four (since I can’t share my wishes!), and I hope to bring a smile to a lot of faces today. I’m a tough cookie who has faced so much; I’m still keeping on keeping on and I’m doing well! 

Goal 1: Continued Health & HappinessOne of my biggest struggles is no longer such an ordeal anymore: depression and anxiety. I am proud to say I’m over a year into my freedom from those demons; when I look back, realizing that I needed help and taking advantage of that help was one of the smartest things I could have ever done; I didn’t want help at the time, but I am glad I had family and friends who stepped in and helped me to get on the road to recovery. I encourage anyone who may be struggling to speak out and take care of yourself by doing whatever is necessary for your specific situation. A mental health issue is both just as serious and treatable as a physical illness; it is no different. I am doing so very well. I wake up every morning clear headed and ready to start my day. My hope is that twenty four is just as great or even better than twenty three has been for me. I know that I never want to return to that darkness ever again; once you get out of that tunnel, the world truly becomes your oyster. I hope that my days continue down this path. 

Goal 2: Keep Writing: I love being a writer. My one regret is not utilizing my talent at an earlier point of my life; twenty four will have me in search of new blog material, but I find researching and brainstorming to be both exciting and rewarding. I don’t plan any major life happenings on a concrete basis anymore; having only one plan sets you up for disaster and disappointment. I’ve learned to have ideas, but to go whatever direction the wind may blow me. Life not only has the potential to be lived, but it can also be enjoyed. Who knows what will happen? My new life motto is: Live to seize every opportunity and work as hard as you can while taking part in something your passionate about; for me, that passion is being a writer. 

Goal 3: Venture into Fiction: One of my newest dreams is to venture into writing fiction; I have always been a creative thinker, and I have decided to pursue every bit of potential greatness. I had wanted to write fiction for a brief time in the past, but I kept pushing the desire away thinking it was a crazy idea; in retrospect, what seems really crazy was not following the path that seems to have been meant for me. I’m at the stage of living where I’m young, talented, and enjoying life. Who cares what others think? I have nothing to lose, so I’m chasing my dreams. I know writing is what makes me the happiest and the most fulfilled. I’m a story teller by heart. 

Goal 4: Become A Mentor: Mentoring others is one thing I have not yet gotten to do; I am hoping that at twenty four, I will see that come to pass; another dream of mine is to one day become a motivational speaker. Life has dealt me several difficult cards, but I have somehow kept going and I have learned a lot throughout my transition into adulthood so far. I feel that I have the potential to positively influence someone because of all that I’ve went through. I cannot wait to see what being twenty four has in store for me! I’m happy with what kind of person life is shaping me to become. I would want to show others that an enjoyable life is a possibility even with a disability. I have made it through and so can anyone else…you just have to go for it!

Goal 5: Publish Work: I hope twenty four sees me as a published author; I am currently in the beginning stages of writing my first work of semi-fiction. I have several story ideas in my head that I want to write about, both fiction and nonfiction. I don’t know if it will happen within the year, but I am hoping to publish one of my stories before the age of twenty five. When you’re a writer, the sky is the limit, right? I know that’s how I feel; you’ve got to be a bit on the ambitious side. I love the researching part of writing a book; it’s like a scavenger hunt: time consuming, but a lot of fun!

Goal 6: Find Someone Special: I hope to find a special someone in the distant future; this goal is not a top priority of mine at the moment. I went through the “needing a boyfriend” stage. I am thankful that I have grown and matured from that experience; I am more focused on my writing career. I do want a family, but another reason I don’t is because I am finding it difficult to meet a decent man. I’m happy that someone else no longer determines my self worth. I’m proud that at twenty four, I finally know who I am; I need to get myself fully established and by the time I do that, I know that finding someone will be even more of a blessing; at twenty four, I’m the most contented I’ve ever been. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...