Tuesday, April 12, 2016

My Birthday Week

The past week was full of birthday celebrations and tons of fun. I was not sure about a topic to choose for this week’s blog post, so I have elected to make things light and fun by sharing the details of my “birthday week”. I cannot believe that I am six years away from turning thirty, where does the time go?

 The morning of my birthday started out relatively uneventful; I woke up and enjoyed a new kind of Special K cereal (Apple Raspberry Almond) for breakfast; the morning quickly turned into a day that was full of love. I was pleasantly surprised with a beautiful arrangement of what I think were yellow roses and day lilies from my NRS family, and I received so many texts, calls, and posts on my Facebook page that my cell phone actually froze up at one point. I feel so appreciative of all of the people who helped me to have a wonderful day. 

 The gifts that I got from loved ones were all practical, useful items. My favorite present was a red ottoman that matched perfectly with the reading chair in my office. No more tired feet! I am enjoying my reading chair so much more now; I am in the middle of reading “The Fault in our Stars”, it is such a good read that I highly recommend! My second most favorite gift was a relaxing pedicure that I enjoyed the following morning (Wednesday). I chose to have my toenails painted a semi bright shade of pink; the best part about a pedicure is getting your feet massaged; my cousin joined in on the fun and I’m glad we got to spend some time together.

After my toes were done, I returned home and my mother took me out to a birthday lunch at my all time favorite restaurant, Longhorn Steakhouse; we ordered a Texas Tonion as an appetizer(onion ring pedals drizzled with sour cream and served with horseradish), and we each got  huge bacon cheeseburgers and French fries. Yum!


Lunch left me unbelievably full and I was ready for a girls night; one of my  college friends who I have kept in contact with for the past several months invited me to come stay over with her at her house and I happily agreed; we had not seen each other since our graduation night nearly two years ago; as much as we’ve talked on Facebook, it was great to visually see her and give her a giant hug. The night was spent eating pizza, popcorn, and binge watching Netflix; she introduced me to the Walking Dead, and I introduced her to Glee; we had a great time together.  

The weekend weather was very nasty here in West Virginia; I feel as though the early Spring groundhog prediction was wrong, and Mother Nature can’t make up what season the world is in. Saturday brought snowy, cold, and windy weather. I had wanted to invite friends to the house for pizza, but decided to cancel because of the forecast; the snow ended up not being as bad as what was expected, but the air was still frigid cold. I am planning to host a summer time bonfire with all of my friends in attendance; no details yet, but I am looking forward to some roasted marshmallows! I am hoping warm weather will make a permanent appearance soon.  

My fun came to a close on Sunday afternoon with cake and ice cream shared with family; we got half a sheet cake from Kroger’s and it was a delicious white cake decorated with pink and orange roses; we all quickly got our fill of sugary sweet icing; Neopolitan ice cream accompanied the cake. Can’t forget the ice cream! 

I hope everyone enjoyed reading about my birthday; I had a bit of trouble coming up with blog material for this week, but I’m happy that I chose to write about my week. Twenty four is already enjoyable, and I’m only a week into it. I feel a sense of empowerment and I just hope that this age sees me continuing to be the strong willed lady I have become; I hope to continue to chase my dreams and accomplish each one of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...