Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Struggle Equals Strength

I am too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated. I think that is the perfect quote to sum up life at this moment. Isn't it weird but awesome how God guides your life in His own way and in His own time? Every part of life serves a purpose; none of it is pointless. This fact is something that I have come to know very well. I have lived in doubt before, when I was feeling down and overwhelmed with my struggle; I think that was simply because I was no where near the path God had planned for my life. I did what I wanted to do. I can remember going through times when the only thought on my mind was "What is going on?", because nothing seemed to go right. The most wonderful part about surrendering and finally giving in to God's plans is that it makes all the "dots" connect. I have had the weirdest realization that without my struggle, I would not be where I am today. My past experiences are somehow vital to the completion of my purpose for being; it is a comfort because it lets me know I may have not always followed God like I should, but He never stopped following me. 

I will be attending my first West Virginia Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) meeting tomorrow. Looking back, my story started six years earlier and I will be so excited to share it. I had such a rough time dealing with the WV Division of Rehabilitation Services, and in the morning I'll get my chance to go before some of those people and give an opinion on things that need changing. I am thankful for my struggle because it gave me the knowledge I need to truly make a difference for others who have disabilities and are trying to better their lives by getting an education or by trying to become independent. I don't know where life is headed for me, but I am looking forward to the ride. I plan on working to get as involved with SILC as possible. I want to use my life in order to make someone else's better. I want to travel and advocate for others. I want kids to be proud and confident in who they are. I don't want anyone going through what I have gone through. In a personal manner of speaking, I hope my days continue getting brighter; May has been such an awesome month with so much success and promise and the way I see it, the sky is truly the limit; everything that I'm on this Earth for is just beginning to unfold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...