Saturday, June 18, 2016

Straight From The Heart: I'm Back!!!

Hey, everyone! My apologies for not keeping you all updated on what has been going on with me lately. Life has been crazy busy and I'm super excited. I am writing just what is on my heart today. My blog posts are usually posted every Tuesday, and I was planning on waiting until this Tuesday to come back to "Molly's Zone, but I couldn't wait. I'm so happy to be back, why should I wait?

I have a lot of cool things going on right now. I feel bad that I didn't formally announce my break; I just kind of left everyone hanging. I have spent these past couple weeks working on a great opportunity with WV SILC (Statewide Independent Living Council). I am working with a partner to put together a college success workshop proposal and it's a dream. College kids and that environment are two things that I am most passionate about other than my writing and blogging, of course. The workshop would be held August 27-28th at Marshall University as part of the Young WV Conference; it has to be done by July 13th and the chosen presenters will be chosen on July 15th. Super, super excited about that. Please keep me in your prayers. We are still trying to figure out what exactly the workshop would entail, but the actual Powerpoint portion is near done,there just needs to be a few final touches added. The rest of the workshop is purely interactive, which is just what I  want to do; get students involved. I'm so excited! 

I also have plans for a college success video script. No set filming date yet, but I am working on it. I wanted to appear at the NRS college transition camp  in that way this year, but it may not be done by then. I will keep everyone posted! I was not sure if there was even going to be a video as I was not sure how it was supposed to be done, but everything seems to be getting squared away after all. I'd love to use that for SILC in the future. Oh, I'm also going to be published in the summer edition of their newsletter (late July). I'm super happy! My 3rd time getting published overall.

Aside from all the work craziness, I have decided to start a book review/movie review blog on Tumblr (not sure who is familiar with that, it's another blogging site.) I want to incorporate blogging into my fun time. I either want to call it, "The M Chronicles", or "The M Scene", I'm not sure yet. Which one sounds better? I'm currently reading the first book in the "Twilight" series. I'm as far as chapter 15, and there are 24 chapters, so I'm almost finished. Almost! 

Well, I just want to thank all of my supporters for keeping up with my blogs. Again, I'm sorry it's been a while. I will be posting another blog on Tuesday, just to get back into my normal routine. Until Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...