Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Springing Forth With Excitement!

Hey guys! I have not been blogging for the past several weeks and I am happy to be back at it today; the title of this post is a great summary of the April I've had so far. A lot of exciting things have been occurring in my life lately and I wanted to take to the blog to share with my readers today:

As you know, a couple of months ago I brought home a golden lab puppy and I named her Ruby; she just turned 3 months old on April 6th and is growing like a weed. My Ruby is the sweetest little girl who loves everybody and loves companionship. We are still in the stages of teething and hardcore running and playing; I figure that will last a good while. In addition to Ruby, I have a 6 year old Pomeranian whom she  just adores and they do play well together, but he tires out rather quickly. 

April 5th saw me celebrate my 25th birthday; a milestone that I felt very thrilled to surpass. I had such a wonderful birthday. Months prior to Wednesday, I had applied to be on the West Virginia Statewide Independent Living Council and what made my birthday so awesome was  I found out that my application was one of seven to be sent on for appointment by the governor; if I get appointed, then I will officially be a council member. The nomination in itself was such a blessing of a present; I felt so humbled and thankful. Thank you again to all of the WVSILC members for making me feel so loved and welcomed. I am so eager to begin my journey with them; I can't wait to get started. I am ready and willing to work as hard as I can to make others with disabilities feel heard and empowered. Twenty five sees me as the happiest and most fulfilled that I've ever been; when you hit a point in life where you know what your ambitions are...well, that is a great spot to be in. I am happy to be me. I'm happy to have lived the life I've lived. My hope for the future is that I can really make an impact and change someone's life; I want to make a difference. My main piece of advice for someone struggling with their disability is to hang in there because as you get older time does make things easier. In late March, I embarked on a new journey with Next Right Steps: in addition to blogging, I am now a weekly peer mentor. I do Skype talk sessions every Friday; making a new friend has been so much fun.

Birthday celebrations were awesome; on Friday, I got an early morning deluxe pedicure with my aunt (I love having my feet pampered) and I got to have dinner that evening with my father; we munched on Chinese and had a nice talk. My birthday cake was a yummy white cake with chocolate icing and yellow roses. On Sunday afternoon, I went to Longhorn Steakhouse with my mom and we had the most delicious lunch: bread & butter, a Texas tonion, huge salads with fresh fruit, ribs & french fries. Yum! 

I know I have been missing in action for quite some time now, but I am going to get back to doing my weekly blogs; I have missed writing so much. I have a lot of things planned, and this week I will be working on next week's blog plus new material for The Mighty; next month will make a year since I first stumbled upon them and became a published writer. I can't wait to see what else life has in store, but I'm so grateful to be happy and healthy. I will continue to attack life with an attitude that springs forth with a heart full of excitement. Thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout everything; I so appreciate you. Stay tuned for next Tuesday!

With Love,
Molly 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...