Thursday, December 13, 2018

Remember Your Roots

I want to shed light on a recurring thought in passing that I've had recently in regards to living out faith and residing in these current times. Societal nature is endlessly filled with trees that exude an energy of nothing but darkness, greed, and selfishness. The metaphor of trees can also be likened to that of the human race, as I'm meaning to do in the writing of these words today

Everyone has roots. We all withhold unique stories that tell of our past experiences and present attitudes. The way we live our lives and conduct ourselves often imply our backgrounds without us speaking a syllable. Silence is remarkably powerful.

The question I have for everyone today is simple: What are your roots made up of? As each day passes, do you strive to remember what's most important in your life?

We all tend to set our sights on 'climbing to the top' however the world allows us to from time to time, whether it be at our workplace, in our aspirations, our marriages, or our friendships. We all want to be better than the other person; so often what we have is never enough. Any dynamic can turn in favor of dissatisfaction. Our flesh tells us that all the attention being on us is a great thing; notoriety is great, all while neglecting to inform us that the happiness we feel from said notoriety is short lived without God being at the center of our conquest.

A personal example of this very happening would be myself with writing and the lack of enthusiasm and passion that it has given off recently; not a pleasant, joyful vibe.

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote on Facebook about becoming burnt out from writing and disability advocacy. My passion seemingly dissipated with no return in sight. I had the wrong goal in mind; I longed to be a famous writer and advocate. My greed in both areas became so strong that eventually those desires sadly replaced the humility of my heart and my genuine love for the cause. Being a part of disability advocacy and being a writer should never be about fame. You take part in something because you love it, because you want to help souls be a little happier. I became worldly...not so noticeable to the outside world, but just enough to make me lose faith in my calling and to make me miserable.

One reason we get in that situation is because we don't always allow God to lead us at all times. Another reason is simply because we forget to remember our roots in Christ.

Whatever you decide to do in life, please remember to let your heart remain pure and your faith to keep its strength. Wear your shield of armor. Serving the Lord is big time business and is not something to be taken lightly. Don't let Satan put out your fire. Remember, little is much.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...