Thursday, December 6, 2018

Let Him Lead You


Molly's Zone has always held a special significance in my heart & the creation of the blog itself has always been my favorite blessing story to tell to anyone who will listen. A month has passed since my last entry, and that truly bothers me. The last few postings I feel were not done with true power or true heavenly light in mind. Writing became a chore that I eventually stopped doing because of the ugly demon that has consumed me for the longest year of my life.

Anxiety.

I have battled this monster for over ten years, and I have to say this year has been the hardest fall. Luckily, depression was not mixed into it this time. I just became this tangled web of health anxiety, overwhelming stress, and OCD thoughts. A psychologically toxic mix.

You know what always has the power to pull me out of such times?

Jesus.

Through prayer, I was led to watch a past church service that truthfully spoke to my heart; I found myself wanting to ask my readers this question?

How many of us let God lead our lives 100% of the time? How often do we turn to worldly pleasures or our friends to try to help us through something we know deep down they can't possibly fix?

I don't know about you, but I do it ALL THE TIME.

Let me tell you friend, that strategy does nothing but make the initial problem ten times worse. Trust me, I know.

We so often let God be our last resort instead of our solid anchor. We might let Him lead us somewhere, but then we trust in ourselves to do all the work. I became that way with my writing. Molly's Zone was the result of an answered prayer, but I trusted my ability to get me to where I needed to go. My words lacked passion and grit. I lost the motivation I needed.

Jesus has and always will be my motivation. We all slip. We all believe we can control our minds & feelings. First of all, emotions are fleeting and should never be fully trusted & if we do not cling to the shield that is Jesus, the devil will pollute our heads with so much nonsense we won't know what to do on our own. Our light will go out and we will feel defeated. Burnt. Tired. A true hot mess. We will give in to negative thoughts & make careless decisions.

Remember, God is not the author of distress. He doesn't want us to be anxious, and He sure doesn't want us to endure it. Satan will do anything to stop you in your tracks if you are truly serving the Lord.

The only way to defeat him & to gain the peace that passeth all understanding is to pray with all your might.

Write out a prayer list & a praise list. Write down what's bothering you & even include prayers in regards to others' tribulations and trials. Write down times of remembrance that show how He has worked in your life. The change in your outlook will be amazing.

Buy a day planner & write out a weekly schedule. This one is HUGE for me. I stay on task so much better! Wherever you live, I'm sure there are plenty of things to do to keep your mind occupied. That is a big component in my anxiety; letting go of the routine reins. Without them, I slip quickly. I believe that part of it is a cerebral palsy effect.

Bottom line, if your mind craves structure...please give your brain what it needs. Even if you're not motivated to take that step, pray about it and do it! It will help ease the chaos in your head. I know with me if I have so much to do & its not planned out and I just fly by the seat of my pants...nothing gets done in the end..I spend all my time obsessing over how stressed it makes me + a ton of other pointless nonsense. The pointless nonsense falls into it like a domino; that stress is added to the initial issue & it evolves into the aforementioned hot mess of a situation.

Lastly, reintroduce yourself to long lost hobbies. Our minds need a healthy distraction away from the mess of this world. Get back into church. Get involved. Exercise. Don't quit on God. Writing has always been a form of therapy for me. I have tried therapy twice & each time I felt like it just didn't work for me. I'm not knocking it, it's just not my cup of tea. I have started praying a lot and today has been my first official day back to work on the blog & in the writing world.

Let Him Lead You.

To end this, I want to challenge all my readers to do the very same thing someone asked me to try:

Give God 10% of your day. That's 2 hours. To start out, try sharing 1 with him. Get in your Bible. Yes, medication is a help. But that's only part of the equation. You have to put in effort to fight this battle. I would like to share the verse that was also shared with me that same night:

" For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind"  (2 Timothy 1:7 King James Version)






No comments:

Post a Comment

A Thought For Your Day

  The Lord placed this thought on my heart last night, and I felt like sharing it today.  It's easy to become so busy serving the Lord ...