Thursday, January 20, 2022

Eternity Matters


My mother recently retired and we have enjoyed immense peace. I have loved the feeling of security I have experienced by her being at home with me every day.


There's no greater fact than knowing I can always find her when needed or if I just want to spend time with her. 


I have a lot of messages in my notebook for the blog, including an unfinished salvation message that I previously started sharing a few months ago (I finished and shared half of it so far, and will finish it soon)


But..this word kept coming on my heart. 


Peaceful. ❤


Why should someone trust in Jesus?  I think in having the conversation of salvation it is important to not only bring attention to the darkness of this world, but to also share why someone should trust in Him for salvation. 


Trusting in Jesus and asking Him to save you gives you ETERNAL security and a home in Heaven, free from a very REAL and fiery place of torment called Hell. It is a place without peace; only darkness, flames, and gnashing of teeth. 

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8 King James Version)


A place of no hope. And eternal separation from God. 


 "The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;"


"And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:41-42)


Hell is the place you DON'T want to go to. And you don't have to. 


 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9 King James Version)

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23 King James Version)


Salvation keeps you from facing an eternity in Hell, and knowing Jesus and trusting in Jesus, and following Him in every part of your life provides the peace that passeth all understanding, as well as a sense of security and joy that is unmatched. 


Life will have its trials and you cannot get through this world without Jesus. 


He will be there to celebrate with you when times are happy. He's often been my greatest encourager.


He will always lend a listening ear anytime you need one, no matter the hour. I've stayed up all night with Him on many occasions. Those late night talks are something special.


 "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:24 King James Version)


Where God guides, He will always provide. Mom and I have never wanted for a thing, and it is because of Him that I have been able to keep a positive attitude. 


"And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not." (Isaiah 58:11 King James Version)


And most of all, His unwavering presence has taught me some of the greatest life lessons. I've not always been faithful, but God sure has. ❤

"A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." (Proverbs 17:17 King James Version)


I've known a lot of unsaved people who just seem to be without peace. 


Jesus is the greatest source of that peace that is so longed for and needed in the world. 


So many are blinded by the temporary things that surround us. 


Jesus can be security in a life that is filled with chaos. 


Jesus is a source of hope for those who feel hopeless. 


He is the most wonderful counsellor, and the most loving friend. 


He is a parent ready to give whosoever trusts Him the best guidance they will ever receive.


It is important to trust Jesus because tomorrow is never promised. When He comes, we need to be ready for Him. 

"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." (James 4:14 King James Version)

A lot of people aren't interested in Jesus, because they've never known of the wonderful ways He can transform a life. 


But the peace He gives and His constant presence every single day and knowing I can call upon Him is truly one of the best parts of it all. 


"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." (Jeremiah 33:3 King James Version)


Eternity matters.❤




No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...