Saturday, July 23, 2022

Let Jesus Pull You Through

 

When I was about six years old, I remember going trick or treating while in a green M & M costume. I was able to walk pretty well in it for most of the evening, but towards the end, my feet started to feel heavy and uncomfortable. Pretty soon, I was too tired to walk anymore.

I loved that costume. 

I remember my mother pulled a red Radio Flyer wagon with us the entire night. In it was a blanket that kept me comfortable as I rode the rest of the way through that evening, giving my feet some much-needed rest.

I don't know why this has been on my heart, but I know times are overwhelming; the uncertainty of our surroundings has placed a sense of heaviness on the hearts of many.

Lean on Jesus and allow Him to pull you through and to give you rest.  

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

'Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29 KJV)

Jesus is the greatest comforter through the mightiest of storms; a wonderful friend built for adversity. He will pull you through it all...providing you with strength that you never knew you could have. 

"A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity"  (Proverbs 17:17 KJV)

Nothing is comparable to the faithfulness of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...