Skip to main content

Let Jesus Pull You Through

 

When I was about six years old, I remember going trick or treating while in a green M & M costume. I was able to walk pretty well in it for most of the evening, but towards the end, my feet started to feel heavy and uncomfortable. Pretty soon, I was too tired to walk anymore.

I loved that costume. 

I remember my mother pulled a red Radio Flyer wagon with us the entire night. In it was a blanket that kept me comfortable as I rode the rest of the way through that evening, giving my feet some much-needed rest.

I don't know why this has been on my heart, but I know times are overwhelming; the uncertainty of our surroundings has placed a sense of heaviness on the hearts of many.

Lean on Jesus and allow Him to pull you through and to give you rest.  

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

'Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29 KJV)

Jesus is the greatest comforter through the mightiest of storms; a wonderful friend built for adversity. He will pull you through it all...providing you with strength that you never knew you could have. 

"A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity"  (Proverbs 17:17 KJV)

Nothing is comparable to the faithfulness of Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Source of Everlasting Strength

"Life may try to weigh you down, but never let it wear you out." I love that the Lord placed that particular phrase on my heart while thinking about how certain circumstances in our lives can become truly overwhelming. I never enjoy shining a light on all that I face physically, but I will today because it fits well within the message.  Many of you may remember that I experienced COVID last September; as a result, I have dealt with lasting fatigue that carries no reasonable medical explanation, although I am absolutely certain that  living with both cerebral palsy and PCOS may play a significant role. It's now difficult to exert any amount of energy at all. Completing even the tiniest of tasks often feels the same as climbing Mount Everest. Some of those days it seems as if everything weighs me down and wears me out. (writing honestly) I know many who struggle with SO much more than I do. I know I'm never alone in that battle. Maybe you're experiencing one of thos...

Molly's Morning Thoughts: Are You Inviting Jesus In Or Shutting Him Out?

  A Word From Molly : I'm a little late on sharing a thought from yesterday morning but I couldn't go without giving it a place on the blog. I love that the Lord put this on my heart to write because it is SO true. I may turn this into a new blog segment, we shall see, but I hope this speaks to your heart as much as it did mine. Molly's Zone will celebrate its 10th birthday on Monday and I still feel so blessed to have the opportunity to write for Jesus. Molly's Zone has been a little quiet (life has been quite interesting lately) but I cannot wait to share more all throughout the month of September.  I woke up early this morning thinking about something that the Lord placed on my heart I LOVE podcasts & decided to try something new on Spotify the other day & listened to an episode about God's power in the midst of impossible situations and it got me wondering: How often are we guilty of attempting to take on a situation that is too much for us to handl...

For The Messy Heart

Does anyone else actually enjoy cleaning their house or is it just me? When my mother was still working, my absolute favorite chore was laundry. (It may have taken me seven business days to put away my clothes, but I lived for washing, drying, and folding everything.) Adulting is never easy and keeping the rooms of your house clean can be quite overwhelming---especially for those who have everything going on all at once. It does seem as if there's never enough time in the day, doesn't it? Have you ever wanted to take on a "deep cleaning" project only to find that you are completely lost on where to start first? Maybe you've said "oh, I'll do it another day" because you couldn't find the courage or the confidence to face it all head-on.  As the clutter continues to build up and around you, the mess only brings about stress, anxiety, and darkening depression. Living in the midst of a mess will never bring you joy.  This analogy brings us right into...