Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Cleaning Out The Junk

     For the past several weeks, I have been writing on the subject of seeds; springtime is upon us and it's always exciting to plant them and await the appearance of those tiny first buds. 

Another slightly less popular aspect of the season is the long avoided task of cleaning out the accumulated junk that somehow finds its way into every closet, drawer, and cabinet. 

The past few days have been spent cleaning and organizing. It's amazing what I have found by searching through the mess. 

I can't help but think about how we all hold onto so much junk in our lives. It's so much easier to just push it back into someplace where we can't see it.

Out of sight, out of mind...right? 

If we were all honest, no one wants to deal with junk because it all seems too overwhelming. It piles up quickly. It's usually more of a mess than we can handle. 

What junk are you holding onto?  Do you have bitterness, anger, unforgiveness, or some burdening sorrow in your heart? 

You don't have to take on the mess by yourself. Jesus is more than willing to lend a helpful hand. It's never healthy to hold onto what doesn't need a place in your heart. 

Jesus wants all of what you've been holding onto. Give Him your burdens and learn to let them all go. Let Jesus restore your joy.

It's time to start cleaning out the junk in your heart today.  It'll take some time to do, but you'll be glad you did. 

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit." (Psalm 51:10-12 King James Version)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...