Friday, June 2, 2023

The Power in Choosing Joy

 Today I am choosing joy...


I love listening to music while I am tidying up the house and preparing to start my day. The word joy has been on my heart for several days and I couldn't help but remember a previous message that I wrote about choosing joy that was left unfinished, and I feel that now is the perfect time to share the rest of it all with you. 


Yesterday, I came across one song in particular that was named, "I Choose Joy", and for some reason, it truly resonated with my spirit. Struggles are coming in hot and heavy from every direction; so many families are struggling with endless sickness and strife. 


And the sheer craziness that continues to envelope our world is truly on another level (there's more to say on that some other time.)


Everything is so difficult to comprehend and the all-American dream of reaching the state of complete inner satisfaction just doesn't seem possible at this point.


Although happiness isn't always achievable, the joyful hope that can be experienced through trusting in the Lord has been made readily available. 


Life isn't always the greatest.

It just doesn't make much sense sometimes. 


You may be facing a mountain that seems impossible to climb, maybe you have questions that have been left without an answer.

Choosing joy doesn't promise a life free from struggle, but it DOES guarantee a way through every storm that comes in our direction.


You may never receive the answer you hoped for, and the mountain may not move as quickly as you need it to. 


Those two life truths are something we all know deep down, but struggle to live through. 


Patience is an honest struggle for so many, myself included. (more on that subject at a later time as well)


BUT...


Even if life doesn't work out the way we think it should, The Lord and His plans are always in play. His timing is so much greater than ours would ever be. 


Remember to be patient in all things; for God is always right by your side. 


"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." (Isaiah 43:2 KJV)

"Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;" (Romans 12:12 KJV)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...