Thursday, June 8, 2023

What Are You Centering On?

What are your thoughts centered on today?

It's never too difficult to find a source of discouragement in the world we live in today; one quick glance at our phones or time spent watching the news can leave one feeling overwhelmed with the magnitude of it all.

While we aren't able to change the state of our surroundings, it IS possible to change the way we think and what we choose to dwell on.

Our thought processes are the main target that Satan chooses to attack, and knowing how to fight against his strategies is the key to victory.

The most powerful weapon one can have is the start of the day being spent in prayer. I have never been that much of a morning person, but every time I make the effort to spend that quiet time with the Lord, the rest of my day flows much easier.

My moods are better.
My outlook is better.

I have that much needed pep in my step.

I am kept in a state of perfect peace.

It is far too easy to find ourselves focusing on what may be wrong in our lives or worrying about things that we literally have zero control over. (I am super guilty of this...and I think we all are at some point!)

Mornings with the Lord are such a simple thing, but they truly make all the difference.
Doing so removes every bit of distraction and repositions the mind to focus on His goodness in our lives in spite of everything that the world continues to throw in our faces.

Keeping our minds focused on who He is will forever keep us resting in His perfect peace. 

I read something somewhere one time that said that fretting magnifies our problems, while prayer magnifies God and I am so glad that the Lord reminded me of that all last night and this morning as well, because it's both an encouraging and truthful thought.

So, what are your thoughts centered on today?

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." (Isaiah 26:3 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...