Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Give Thanks For Your Rest

 Be thankful for your rest"....


Those words have truly resonated with my heart ever since listening to them for the first time during a recent Wednesday evening church service. 


I have SO much to be thankful for. I have held such wonderful peace in my heart and mind for so many weeks now....I am immensely thankful for the rest that Jesus has given me. 


I am grateful for the little normal everyday things in life such as waking up at 6 AM to watch the sunrise; to have the opportunity to enjoy a morning nap if one is needed. 

To care about my home and to love the space I'm in, to find joy in every single part of my day.....is a tremendous blessing that I will never ever take for granted. 


It is still strange to think of how different my days were at one point. I love to write. I love to tell stories. I love serving Jesus. I couldn't imagine living without Him. 


The blog pulled me through my darkest of days. It came into my life when I really needed something to keep me going. It was therapeutic. It gave me joy (and still does when I know that He puts a thought on my heart.)


Jesus has brought me through so much personal tragedy and my story continues on with so many blessings to praise Him for. My mornings are often a time of reflection; as memories come to mind, I can't help but be moved to tears because I am not only reminded of where I was....but also of the love He holds for me. 


It was every experience I ever had that led me to this wonderful place of peace. Every wound, every wrong turn, and all the blessings in between.


Everything had its purpose. 


I think He sometimes uses storms in our lives to grow our appreciation for the little things that we would normally take for granted. I have always been thankful for my story....


And now, I am even more thankful for my rest. 


"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost" (Romans 15:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...