Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Molly's Top 10 Self Care Tips (Part 1)

Tuesday has shown its face once again  and as planned, in today's post we will be discussing my top favorite self- care (you can also call it relaxation) tips; this week I will be writing on the first half, and next week we will finish up with the second half. I have so many ways I love to relax, so I just wanted to take this opportunity to share. Hope you enjoy my words today!

1) Coffee- Oh, I wouldn't be able to even mention relaxation without including my deep affection for coffee. I had my first cup of coffee at age eleven, and I have been hooked ever since. Morning cups of joe are a MUST. My day will not run as smooth without my caffeine fix. Lately, I have been writing late into the nighttime (lots of inspiration has hit me)and my dear companion has been the only one to steal me from my notebook and salvage me for the next day. LOL! 

2) Rest When Needed (Sometimes!)- Plenty of rest is also a MUST for Miss Molly. I am finding that as I get older, I am tiring out quicker than I used to; the problem is that even though my body feels the wear and tear of the day, my mind just cannot shut off on its own. I am thinking up ideas, words, and goals non-stop. (Hence the need to put sometimes in quotations.) I love writing. I love my life. I do like to take several days off once my work duties are done just to recharge before going back to brainstorming for new material (although at times like today for instance, I have slow work days when I'm really not feeling as great as I normally do). As a child, I was one who HATED going to bed. I can vividly remember fighting nap time. Fast forward twenty years and now I love my sleep. Funny how time changes so much. 

3) Keeping Up With Molly's Zone- I know what some are thinking...how is keeping up with a blog relaxing? Well, I love what I do. It's not just a job, but also a passion I hold dear to my heart. Molly's Zone has been such a blessing for me; I've enjoyed every minute of being able to share my life with so many people. I will be honest with anyone who asks me...I NEVER wanted to be a writer...I had my own plans, but God had His too. Even though I fail Him so many times, I still am so thankful that for once I listened to Him. The blog will celebrate it's second birthday on September 1st, and at almost the end of June I have 60 blogs total on Molly's Zone, and I've been published at least 13 times (8 times on the Mighty, and I think 4 or 5 with WVSILC). That's a lot of writing; it is my therapy and it makes me happy. I've been depression free ever since I began, and I've never felt more blessed, happy, and busy. I have off days occasionally as far as anxiety goes, but for the most part I am doing great. The funny thing is my rock bottom day was September 1, 2014 and Molly's Zone went live a year later TO THE DAY on September 1, 2015 igniting a fire and commitment to Jesus like I never had before after rededicating my life to Him that summer before everything unfolded;  looking back, I think He's planned everything just the way He wanted! Praise the Lord for His help and guidance.

4) Hanging Out in my Office-My office has got to be my most favorite room in the house. I can enjoy coming in here just to sit, think, and regroup if I need to. I love how cozy it is, even though the decor is not exactly perfectly themed (I am a mix of country and modern). Uniqueness is a quality I have that I am proud of, so of course my work space has to reflect that right? One thing people will learn about me by spending just five minutes in here is my love for OWLS! This room sees more of me than my actual bedroom does; it is nice to have a place to go to shut out the rest of the world. The amount of passion and creative energy I immediately get from being in here is incredible! 

Today's blog was a little bit shorter than most of what I've written, but I hope you enjoyed it! Also, I am still on the hunt for guest bloggers to be featured on Molly's Zone". I think getting other people to share their stories is a great way to encourage disability advocacy. Thanks for taking the time to read! See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...