Thursday, August 5, 2021

Seek Him Early

 Breakfast is an essential part of your day. I was always the person who woke up late, grabbing something quick, sweet & without bulk to count as my morning meal. I can't help but wonder how many of us automatically start our day this way without even giving it a second thought?

I researched some benefits of choosing to eat breakfast and the main ones I found were: you have a healthier heart, better concentration, & a more energetic start to your day.
Take this example & apply it to the start of your own day & your relationship with Jesus. What is the first thing you do every single morning? How early do you wake up?

An early start promotes better concentration.

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth". (Colossians 3:2 King James Version)
When we start our day with healthy choices, we concentrate better in everything we do. Spending time with Jesus becomes less rushed, & our prayers are more heartfelt. We share more of us with Him.

Spending more time in prayer sets an energetic tone for you throughout the day. I have found that I get more accomplished than I would on my own on any given day. I live my days more abundantly. I care even more about the people I love. I give my all to my passions, namely writing & piddiling around my house. I've known seasons where I've felt burn out something fierce.
Lastly and most importantly, breakfast is essential because it provides you with a healthier heart. That healthy heart will lead you to do more for God than you ever imagined. A healthy heart for Him is vital. You can't be who He desires for you to be without it.
“I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.” (Proverbs 8:17 King James Version)
Don't settle for skipping meals & allowing junk food in your diet. It's unhealthy. Whatever you put into your body is what will come of it. The same could be said for your relationship with Jesus. Let Him help you start your day off right with a nutritious breakfast that includes a conversation with Him.

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10 King James Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...