Thursday, January 27, 2022

Follow God's Plan, Not Yours


Being a natural planner is not the greatest thing when serving the Lord. I used to be someone that had to know how something was going to turn out or I always had ideas that never materialized because I couldn't get them just the way I wanted them.

Sometimes, we try to put the cart before the horse...when really life is all about just being along for the ride and seeing what God has in store. We have choices to make everyday, but one I want to encourage you to think about making if you haven't already...is to decide to put your life and its circumstances in God's hands.  Just wait on Him. Don't get impatient and all out of sorts.  Commit to following His lead and just enjoy the ride you're on.

And if it's on your heart to do something for the Lord, let Him have the reins and allow Him to work through you. Don't plan it too much.

We sometimes mess up by letting the act of serving Him become too much about us, when really it's ALL about Jesus!

If you have something on your heart, just share it. If you want to do something for Him, just do it. If you want to say something and share your faith, just say it.

You never know who you might help just by taking a chance and letting Him lead the way. His ways of reaching people are often not what we would plan.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

"Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil." (Proverbs 3:5-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...