Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Needs of the Heart: Consistency

 

        I feel comfortable describing myself as the single most disorganized person I know. A routine schedule is something I need in order to keep my house consistently clean. 

    My week never runs smoothly if my bed is not made or my floors haven't been swept. Writing sessions in my office end up unproductive if my desk is a mess; my thoughts become cloudy and the messages fail to come together as well as they should.

In a general sense, consistency has never been an easy concept for me. I recently downloaded an app that helps you create a weekly cleaning routine. I clean one room a day. That allows the mess to remain small in size; that not only eliminates the possibility of becoming overwhelmed but also provides an improvement in mental clarity and much-needed encouragement in my day. 

Have you ever heard the phrase: "Consistency is key?" 

We must be consistent in keeping the rooms of our hearts clean in order for us to remain functional in the midst of this lost and dying world, for our minds to stay focused on the truth of His Word, and to always be encouraged through time spent in His presence. 

Allowing our messes to grow directly contributes to chronic dysfunction. The automatic human reaction is to push everything out of sight as life falls deeper into disarray. The smallest of issues will develop into huge problems if they remain ignored for long periods of time. Never be embarrassed to run to Jesus. He is the ultimate provider of peace. 

"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." (Exodus 14:14 King James Version)


A clean room always helps my thoughts to be healthy and organized. I cannot count the number of times I have struggled to build upon thoughts for a blog post or a story because my office was cluttered.  There have been countless times when I've found myself struggling through the day with the unhealthiness of my thoughts. My mind becomes a clouded place full of frustration. As humans, we sometimes forget how much we need Jesus. All we need to do is trust in the truth of His Word. The King James Bible is the ultimate source of clarity and guidance for each and every day.

"Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about the neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:"

"So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man." 

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." 

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:3-6 King James Version)


The task of cleaning one small area at a time encourages my heart to tackle more. I always need a little push to power through the more difficult tasks. Life can be full of moments that overwhelm. We must trust in Christ alone. He is the faithful provider of strength when we need a gentle nudge to keep on moving. His unconditional love and support prove to be the ultimate source of encouragement.

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait I say, on the LORD." (Psalm 27:14 King James Version)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...