Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Trust The Pilot

 

     It is never easy to place our trust in someone other than ourselves. Traveling through unknown territory often finds us grasping for answers to those questions that seem to have no reasonable explanation. It is difficult to understand why specific trials come our way. 

    I can remember eagerly climbing onto an airplane for the first time. I took my seat all while having no idea what to expect from a flight. Heavy turbulence made its appearance through connecting flights...but I chose to remain calm and focused as I fully trusted the pilot in command of the plane. I kept my thoughts centered on the final destination to come. Not once did it cross my mind to look out the side window, even during the smooth parts of the flight. 

I always kept my mind on the final destination. 

The most challenging aspect of living in submission to Christ is fully trusting Him with every part of our lives. We never know what lies ahead. It is natural to grab onto our limited wisdom as part of a desperate search for answers. So many moments show us that life isn't fair while that big mountain seems impossible to move. 

The turbulence of life can seem overwhelming.

You just need to take it one day at a time. One step at a time. Don't allow your thoughts to drift away from Jesus. Keep your eyes upon Him.

Focus on His goodness. His mercy. His grace...

Through the worst of moments...God has you right in the palm of His hand.  

And even on those good days...always remember to keep trusting in Him as your pilot.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." (Isaiah 26:3 KJV)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...