Saturday, December 31, 2022

The Goodness of God

 

My heart will never find enough words to write a perfect description of what the goodness of God has meant to me; each season of life is unique, but in the midst of a most challenging year, His loving presence provided every ounce of the strength that was needed.

The Lord continues to bless my life so much, and I never deserve any of it. Coming into the Christmas season, I was not at all excited for all of the commercialization that surrounds such an important event.

Mom and I went into the month of December with hearts of praise for all of the goodness that has crossed both of our paths. 

The earlier parts of the year found us facing challenges that were unexpected, bringing devastation into our simple little world. As a daughter, my heart was broken as I watched my mother experience the worst lupus flare she's ever known. Mom is still soldiering through what's left behind, but we are immensely thankful for all of the recovery progress that has been made. The Lord was such a help through a time of immense need; His love carried us through every single moment.

Several months of her illness and the experience of caregiving also opened my eyes to all of the wonderful people that the Lord has placed in our lives. I cannot begin to tell you how thankful we are for the supportive presence of such loving friends and family.

I want to begin the new year on Molly's Zone by continuing my thoughts on the goodness of God; but today's post is simply a thank you to all.

My mother and I have always been super close, and I love her with all of my heart. God has done great things for us; I will forever be glad.

"The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad." (Psalm 126:3 KJV)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust In His Timing

  The Lord placed a little thought on my heart today & I felt like sharing... As I've been cleaning today, I can honestly say I lov...